September 6, 2013

Currently

Remember that time when I talked about being offered my "dream job"? Yea, so that didn't work out so well. I had 2 amazing job offers and I was so excited about the opportunity to work with people I had already known and going back to something that I had already known, that I lost sight of what's really important. Not the money, not the people but my happiness. Yes, it's only been two months. But let's be honest..a) this is not the first time I've left a job /started a new job. and b) you just know when it doesn't feel right. Also, for the record, the position was not correctly sold to me. I'm much more than a glorified assistant. Much more than the person who sits back and takes orders. I know my worth. Unfortunately, I didn't know until it was too late. Or was it?

After two weeks of  being angry with myself, I decided to change it. I made a move. One I thought could do no harm. I called the deciding factor in my situation to see if the actual dream job I was too stupid to see from the beginning was still available almost 2 months later. And somehow it still was. Turns out it was made for me. I was just blind to see the one thing I had worked so hard for, for 2 years, was the thing I was meant to do. I don't know what's going to happen from here but I'm sure I won't make the same mistake twice. Wish me luck!

This makes so much more sense to me now.


xo Augenie 



No comments:

Post a Comment