Being in my late (insert scream here) twenties, has taught me a couple of things about life. To be honest, I've always been terrified to grow up. It means things will never be the same, and you're just getting old. However, I've managed to figure out a few things along the way that have made this whole growing up thing a little easier.
1. Nobody's life is like the movies.
2. Siblings are the only thing you have that will connect you to your past and your future.
3. Smile. Even if you don't feel happy, it will make you feel better. I promise.
4. Don't chew with your mouth open. It's just plain rude.
5. Plans change. Your life will never go in the order you thought it would, and that's okay.
6. Take care of your skin, or you'll look your age.
7. Coffee fixes everything.
8. Have a good solo dance party. Your day will only get better.
9. A dog is THE best friend you'll ever have.
10. Travel every chance you get.
11. Try to remember people's birthdays.
12. Keep in touch.
13. Laugh. A lot.
14. No one will clean up after you. After all, you're a grown up now.
15. Be a good friend. Remember things they tell you & keep secrets.
16. If you have time to do something now, do it. ie. send a text, put away your laundry, do the dishes etc.
17. Cleaning your house is actually free therapy.
18. Don't yell.
19. Be a good coworker and colleague. Others depend on you.
20. Nothing is that serious. When it's serious, you'll know.