August 6, 2013

Thank You June

Sorry for the delay in posts. So much has happened. June was a crazy month for me.

First, I moved into my own apartment! Besides my four year stint in college, I've never lived away from home. I've been home trying to save money and I was actually able to buy an investment property 2 years ago. (So grown up, I know) So I told myself this would be the year! And it was. A week before my trip to Cannes, I moved out. There was so much going on, between work, packing for the move, and packing/shopping for France. I didn't hire a moving company, because I'm only one person. I couldn't possibly have that much stuff right? Wrong. Either way, my dad and my boyfriend did a great/fast job at moving all my furniture, and I can't thank them enough!


Exactly 4 days later it was time to jet set off to Cannes, France! As you can imagine, it was a hectic week filled with "What am I going to pack?" "I have nothing to wear!" I ended up packing almost everything I own, making my carry on the heaviest it's ever been. On my way to the airport, I received a very important phone call. One that would change my life, but we'll get back to that later. Unfortunately, my flight wasn't direct. With a stop in Paris, I arrived early on a Saturday morning. Walked out of the airport to find the cutest French man holding a sign with my name on it. The hotel sent a taxi to pick me up! As he drove me to the hotel, we talked about life. In his best English, he explained how in his 60 yrs living in France all his life, he's never been to America. His one goal in life is to make it to Utah, to ski. You'd think he'd want to see Hollywood or New York, but Utah is good enough for him.




The next day it was off to the Cannes Lions festival. A festival held every year in the same location as the Cannes film festival. Here creative and advertising agencies gather to attend seminars and celebrate the years best ad campaigns. We attended seminars with Martha Stewart, Nick Cannon, P Diddy, Anderson Cooper and Conan O'Brien. Learned about new ad techniques and met a lot of new people. Google held 30 minute seminars at their Sandbox (a beach with wifi and smoothies). We spent each night enjoying elaborate dinners on the French Riveria or on the country side. It was beautiful and unbelievable. I had to keep reminding myself where I was. On the last day we took a tour and explored Cannes on our own. The city has so much to offer. From the views to the culture! It's definitely an experience I will never forget. I'm currently saving to go back. 




Going back to the phone call I received on the way to the airport. It was life changing to say the least. An old colleague called with an amazing job opportunity. By this time, I had put myself in a sticky situation. I was offered the 2 jobs I wanted the most. Everyone dreams of that moment, and I'm so fortunate for the opportunities. But to say it was an emotional 2 weeks, would be an understatement. I spent 2 weeks going back and forth. Getting counter offers from both including the job I had at the moment. After making what seemed to be 10 different pros and cons lists. My dream job won. I returned to the company I worked for right out of college. This time instead of being an assistant, I returned as a Project Manager. My first day was last week. Being back is bittersweet, and like coming home. In fact, my first day everyone kept saying "Welcome Home". So far, it's been great. Getting to work with people I already love. What more could you ask for? 


So Thank You June, for being so amazing.

xo Augenie 


Be Sure to Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment