November 1, 2012

An at Home Salon

I usually don't have time to visit a salon, and when I do, they usually don't do a very good job.
I've found that doing my own nails allows me to save money and the hassle of trying to find the perfect salon. You first need to have the essentials:



Start by removing any left over polish from your previous manicure. Continue by filing nails into the shape you like. I like to soak my nails in soap and water to help soften the cuticles. Keep them in the water for at least 5 minutes each hand. Remove slowly and dab hands to remove excess water. Gently push cuticles back and cut excess skin. Depending on how your nails feel, will depend on whether the buffer is needed. If you have ridges in your nails, definitely use the buffer to soften the nail. I then wash my hands to remove all the oils and dust. I'm obsessed with  Fruit of the Earth's Vitamin E cream. I use it like it's going out of style during the winter. It really helps with dry/cracked skin and keeps hands baby soft!

Always start with a clear top coat of polish. It protects the nails from changing colors. Follow with the nail color of your choice. I chose Essie's Wicked. Make sure you always end with a second coat of the clear top coat. Helps keep nails from chipping. And if you're anything like me, you enjoy the shine!

What are some of your manicure routines? Do you have a manicurist you are loyal to?



xo Augenie 


Be Sure to Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment