August 4, 2014

True Life: The story of a frustrated House Hunter

Have you ever tried to look for the perfect house? How long did that take? It seems like it's taking me forever plus a day. It's tough because I know exactly what I'm looking for, and living in a city where the housing market is tight, is just not helping my cause. I'm not asking for the perfect house. I'm even willing to put in some elbow grease and renovate. In January, I thought I found the house I wanted until the sellers pulled the house off the market. Since then, it's been one heartbreak after another. It's frustrating and discouraging to say the least. What's the typical timeline when looking for a home?

My want list:

  • Lots and lots of closets
  • Minimum of 3 bedrooms
  • Minimum of 2 bathrooms
  • A window in at least one bathroom
  • Large windows that allow in a lot of light
  • Small yard

Now that doesn't seem like too much to ask for right? Seems pretty straight forward. Unfortunately, everything I've seen either has no yard, tiny closets, only 2 bedrooms, etc. You get the picture. 


I recently learned that St. Joseph is the patron saint for selling or buying your home. After a little research, I found out it's true. A family friend also told me about it, and as a Christian I can't believe I've never heard this before. 

How it works:
  • Ask St. Joseph to intercede for you before the Lord for your requests, including the selling or buying of your home
  • Bury or place St. Joseph's statue on the property
  • Bury the statue upside down with the feet pointing heavenwards.
  • When your house sells or you buy one, be sure to bring the statue with you to your new home and place it in a place of honor as a reminder to thank God.

I googled religious stores in my neighborhood, and ended up finding more than I thought I would. Before making the trip, I called to find out if they had ever heard of this. Of course they had, and they had available kits. And by Kit, I mean a St. Joseph statue, along with a prayer and directions on how it works. 

I realize it sounds a bit crazy, but as a woman of faith, I truly believe. And when I find that house, I'm sure St. Joseph will have something to do with it. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment