My want list:
- Lots and lots of closets
- Minimum of 3 bedrooms
- Minimum of 2 bathrooms
- A window in at least one bathroom
- Large windows that allow in a lot of light
- Small yard
Now that doesn't seem like too much to ask for right? Seems pretty straight forward. Unfortunately, everything I've seen either has no yard, tiny closets, only 2 bedrooms, etc. You get the picture.
I recently learned that St. Joseph is the patron saint for selling or buying your home. After a little research, I found out it's true. A family friend also told me about it, and as a Christian I can't believe I've never heard this before.
How it works:
- Ask St. Joseph to intercede for you before the Lord for your requests, including the selling or buying of your home
- Bury or place St. Joseph's statue on the property
- Bury the statue upside down with the feet pointing heavenwards.
- When your house sells or you buy one, be sure to bring the statue with you to your new home and place it in a place of honor as a reminder to thank God.
I googled religious stores in my neighborhood, and ended up finding more than I thought I would. Before making the trip, I called to find out if they had ever heard of this. Of course they had, and they had available kits. And by Kit, I mean a St. Joseph statue, along with a prayer and directions on how it works.
I realize it sounds a bit crazy, but as a woman of faith, I truly believe. And when I find that house, I'm sure St. Joseph will have something to do with it. Keep your fingers crossed for me!