August 3, 2014

Goodbye July

What happened to July? It feels like this summer has flown by without any warning. Anyone else feel that way? I've been so busy with work, that I almost forgot to enjoy it. Here's a glimpse into my July.

Beach Day: Ocean Grove, NJ


My family and I try to always take day or weekend trips somewhere close and not too far. There's so much around NY, that people don't realize and we try to take advantage when we can. We spent the day walking the boardwalk and strolling through a flea market. Sometimes, those are the best days.

Grand Opening: 5th Avenue


As you know, I travel every week opening stores all around the country. With our biggest opening this year happening in NY, it was nice to be home for a while. A while meaning a month. I'm not going to lie and say this was easy, but it was such a great experience. Especially seeing what you worked on for the last 8 months coming to life. That's definitely a day I won't soon forget.

Rooftop Nights: A POVBroadview Panel


Every month my friend gets a group of working women in NY together to talk about our points of view on how to balance being a woman in the working world. It's really interesting, hearing what other women are going through and knowing I'm not alone. Of course, I don't have kids but listening to their advice and stories are super helpful. It begs the question: Can women really have it all?

Pool Day: Donut Judge Us


I don't get to see my girlfriends as much as I'd like because of my travel and work schedule, so this weekend was pretty special. We spent the day in the pool, drinking sangria and enjoying each other's company. We had a chance to talk. Talk about anything and everything. Those donut floats made it that much more fun!

Happy Birthday: HM.com


One year ago, we launched HM.com for the first time in the US. It's been such an awesome year and we were so excited to celebrate. We had balloons, cake pops, a cake and champagne! 

Friday Nights: Jack's Wife Frieda


It's always a fun night when I get to spend it with my friend Jessica. From college years to life in New York, it's a blessing to have her here. I don't get to see her much but when I do, there's always a memory to be made. This is one of my favorite pictures of us. It captures everything about our friendship. 

Here's to hoping August is just as awesome! 



No comments:

Post a Comment