February 13, 2014

A day in the life

So today I decided to take a page out of Erin over at LivinginYellow's book. She wrote a post about what a typical day in her life looks like. Not sure any of you care, but I decided I'd like to share.

I wake up every Monday-Friday at 5am. Before I do anything, I turn my curling and flat irons on. It's literally the first thing I do. This gives it time to heat up while I'm brushing my teeth and washing my face. Then I wander around for a good 5-7 minutes. I can't really explain that actually.

By 6:30am I'm walking out the door to catch the bus. However, this morning was a special day. It was what some of us may call the end of the world. I could barely walk. The wind pushed me down twice. Oh and did I mention I was soaked? Yep. That was fun.

Those are my feet standing on a mountain of snow/ice

It looks pretty, but don't be fooled, it's not fun to travel in.

After a 2 hour commute, I finally made it to work. Only to be one of 3 people on my team to come in. Surprisingly, I got a lot done. It was a day full of conference calls and follow ups. And by full day, I mean 5 hours. There was no way I was staying all day, while Armageddon was happening outside.

Please notice the chapstick. I ALWAYS have one on my keyboard. Otherwise, I'd be lost. Physically.

After trecking home, it was time to dig out my car. Sorry, I don't have pictures of that, as my hands would have fallen off. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it out as ice decided to eat my car. So what else is there to do, except call your boyfriend? Of course, he came by and saved the day. My car is out, and I can move it now in case you're wondering. By the time I got inside the house all I wanted was the left over Chinese food from yesterday. What? Chinese food is always better the day after. Then it was time to get back to work. Naturally, I laid on the floor and worked with my cup of coffee in hands reach. All while watching ID (Investigation Discovery). That's a completely normal thing to do, right?

Notice my background? Much needed escape while I'm working.

Afterwards, I got the itch to write again. It's not everyday that I have time to sit and write a post. I try to take advantage when I do. 

After an hour or so I quit to eat dinner and spend some time catching up with shows on my DVR. It's raining really hard right now, and I'm hoping that means I'll be working from home tomorrow. 

I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my everyday life. Maybe next time there won't be a snowpocalypse, and I can share more exciting stuff. One take away is, I spend way too much time on computers. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment